- Stress & Relaxation – One of the greatest reiki healing health benefits is stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the body’s natural healing abilities (immune system), aids in better sleep and improves and maintains health.
- Inner Peace – Reiki helps bring about inner peace and harmony. This mental balance also enhances learning, memory and mental clarity. Regular Reiki Treatments can be a valuable tool in the quest for spiritual growth.
- Compassion – Reiki also balances the mind and emotions. Reiki can heal mental/emotional wounds. Reiki can also strengthen and heal personal relationships.Because Reiki enhances your capability to love, it can open you up to the people around you and help your relationships grow.
- Emotional Distress – Reiki offers relief during emotional distress and sorrow. Reiki helps in the grieving process.Reiki cleans and clears the emotions, preventing them from being so draining and offers perspective.
- Physical Pain – On the physical level, Reiki helps to relieve pain from migraine, arthritis, sciatica – to name just a few.Reiki also helps with symptoms of asthma, chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and insomnia.
- Recovery – Reiki can help speed up recovery from surgery or long-term illness. As it helps in adjusting to medicine/treatment, it also tends to reduce side-effects. For example, Chemo-therapy patients who received Reiki noticed a marked decrease in side effects from treatment.
- Overall Health – Reiki can be an effective way to treat immediate problems, such as physical or mental illness (recovery from surgery, but regular treatments can also improve overall health. By helping to maintain a state of physical and emotional balance, Reiki can not only treat problems, but perhaps even prevent them from ever developing.
In my early 20s I suffered from ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis), also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I turned to holistic health practices of herbalism, aromatherapy and nutrition to help treat my illness. After finding these helpful in aiding my recovery I qualified myself as an holistic therapist.
It wasn’t for another few years after this that I discovered Reiki, but when I did I started to realise its true power and the benefits of this ancient healing art. Ever since I’ve been an advocate of Reiki as a tool for balancing & healing the body & mind.